DH Website

I spent this evening designing and building my very own WordPress website. I’ve had some experience dabbling with website design before but I’d never ventured into the world of constructing a WordPress website prior to today. It was quite the task to figure out how to use pre-formatted themes on WordPress to custom create my own but after a bit of playing around with the tool, I was able to put some elements together. The website needs a lot more work and I’m still quite unsure of what I want to do with it, but for the time being I am going to be using it as a hub to store all the blog posts I write for this class just so I can have a nice template to revisit and read them in the future.

I think building your own website helps provide you with more options to present your work and digital portfolio to the public without having to rely on social media where your work can very easily get lost in a sea of others. It gives you your own page that you can do whatever you want with and enables you to hone your creative spirit and format it the way you want. I am excited to see what else I will do with the website as the class progresses and hope I can produce something I’m proud of by the end of the term.

Snippets of my WordPress website

Maanya Goenka

One Comment

1. Hi Maanya,
    I too am unsure of what further steps to take with my website and have not had any prior experience with constructing a WordPress website. I like the design you made for your website, it makes it look very professional. I also was curious if you have found any time to add to your website since constructing it.