My blog!

https://hh2021.escosteguyl.sites.carleton.edu

Using WordPress’s Ashe Theme I created my blog – feel free to visit it! For now, there isn’t much on the website, other than the basic skeleton and an about me page. I updated the theme quite a lot and added some custom CSS, but I feel like I would change some things later, as I am not completely satisfied.

As I am a student worker at Carleton’s Web Services, I had prior experience with WordPress, but this is the first time I create a website from scratch using it. Working with WordPress was intuitive and easy, but I miss the freedom I have when I work directly with code. When I was looking for a theme to install and activate, I focused on accessibility and to what extend I could personalize it. It took me a while to find something that I liked; I’m now happy with the theme I set up.

I think I will use it mainly for the purpose of this class, so I will be posting about interesting assignments and projects, or something that calls my attention related to Digital Humanities. One of the advantages of having my own website is the flexibility, I can always change my mind and update the website functionally and style depending on what I want to use it for.

Luisa