SKETCHUP House

• How easy/hard was it?

I found this assignment hard as it requires a methodical approach and planning ahead about dimensions and shapes, but it was interesting and fun to see something that looks like my house come together gradually

• What elements particularly bogged you down?

Getting the dimensions right, and especially finding out I had to adjust things but sketchup seemed to think that different shapes were connected and eventually having to redo aspects of my house.

• what compromises did you have to make?

I had to settle for a less detailed version of my house as smaller details were hard to get right.

• What humanistic uses can you envision for this tool in the areas of research or teaching?

Recreations of historical buildings could enable students to understand architectures better if they had the chance to build it from the ground up.

Tips: Do start from the ground and use the push/pull tools instead of trying to place something in mid air, if the item you’re creating is a floating piece.

Lewis

One Comment

1. Hi Lewis! Your house looks great! I like how you recreated the surrounding environment as well. I also had trouble with getting the dimensions and details right. I find your tip on the push/pull tool very helpful