3D Home Draft [SketchUp]

Summers ago, I used SketchUp for a summer program. Now, I have attempted to recreate my house. Being the overachiever that I am, I did the inside as well (and included all the doors) which was majorly frustrating. Setting up the foundation was nice and easy, but, me being extra, I just HAD to measure the walls so that they were the same size.

Once my head starting hurting (from frowning at the screen continuously), I finally relented and was like “Ah, this does NOT have to be so difficult!”

Reading the assignment, it turns out that YOU DON’T NEED TO DO THE INSIDE.

I believe using a program like this would empower people to visualize their ideas into a 3D format (which can lead to 3D-printing their models). Tools like this could help people organize their ideas into a tangible outcome.

Here’s a tip: READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Just kidding. For those new to SketchUp, all I can say is: just have fun! The orbit tool can be a bit aggravating to use, but you get to see your work in 360! Experiment with all the tools SketchUp has to use and start developing your ideas.

Check out pictures of the house below:

Constance