Week 3: My Experience With Creating a WordPress Blog

After a bit of tinkering, and a stint of indecisiveness over which theme I liked best, I was able to piece together what I feel is a solid foundation for a WordPress website!

My blog can be found here. There isn’t much to the website yet besides an about me page, but I’m excited to start posting as we progress further into the term! The process of setting up this WordPress was very fun and relatively seamless, I feel as though I have only just scratched the surface of WordPress’ toolbox. I’m eager to see how I can utilize this platform to engage in dialogues that I’m passionate about.

I think that for the majority of users, a WordPress site or another such service is more than sufficient to not necessitate the building of one’s own website. WordPress’ ease of use, coupled with its wide variety of plugins and tools, can create a professional looking, ready to launch website within minutes. That being said, creating a website from scratch is a tremendous learning experience, and provides infinite customization, if one is up for the task.

Dominic